Switch Kit Checklist

  1. Open your membership at First General, a Division of Community Choice Credit Union.
  2. Verify that all checks, check card transactions, and scheduled bill payments have cleared your old checking account.
  3. Check maturity dates on Certificates of Deposit if transferring in order to avoid early withdrawal penalties.

Direct Deposit Change Request Form

Send written notices to companies with which you have direct deposit (employer, government deposits, pension, transfers from other financial institutions, investment dividends, child support or court-issued deposits, etc.) notifying them that you want to switch your direct deposits to your new First General Credit Union account.

Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit Form

Send written notice to set up direct deposits with any new companies or individuals. To change Social Security deposits, visit: the Social Security Administration website. Or call the Social Security Administration: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)

First General Credit Union Routing/Transit number: 272483099

Authorization for Canceling Automatic Payments Form

Send written notices to companies that automatically take payments from your checking (utilities, mortgage, insurance, brokerage, credit cards, internet service providers, transfers to banks, child support or court issued payments) notifying them that you are closing the account.

Authorization for Automatic Payment Transfer Form

Add a notification to your new account if you wish to continue automatic payments at First General Credit Union.

Authorization for Automatic Payment

Send a notification if you wish to add new automatic payments. Contact companies that take payments from your old checking account using a debit card. Inform them of your new  Credit Union Check Card number and expiration date. (If you prefer, you may set up this payment up as an automatic payment rather than debit card payment using the Authorization for Automatic Payment Form. Verify your direct deposits and automatic payments have begun posting to your new account.

Send written notice to your old financial institution informing them you are closing your account.