Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual service that allows us to pay an item presented against your checking account, even if it causes the account to become overdrawn. This service is added to qualified checking and activated 30 days after account opening. We will pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
Our standard Courtesy Pay service authorizes and pays overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number, including checks cashed at a teller window
- Automatic bill payments
- Recurring debit card transactions
- Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) withdrawals
- Everyday debit card transactions
- We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions.
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft caused by an everyday debit card transaction, your transaction will be declined.
Under our standard overdraft practices, we will charge you a fee of $33 each time we pay an overdraft. There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
If you want us to also authorize and pay overdrafts on everyday debit card transactions, you must OPT-IN — Complete the form, see below, and mail the form to us, or stop in at a branch, or log in to It’sMe247 online banking to opt in.
Please call at 231.798.4321 or e-mail at email@example.com or visit any office if you have questions or would like more information